Summers are just round the corner, and it’s a fantastic time if you are planning to spruce up your home for the upcoming summers. There are lots of ways by which you can prevent you home from turning into a hot oven during this season and implementing them effectively keep your home nice and cool even on a scorching hot day. Sure you can install an air conditioner, which absolutely helps; nevertheless there are also small changes which will make your life a lot easier this summer.
1. Home colors: The shades you use at home is a superb way of regulating your home’s temperature. Imagine walking into a room with bright red walls on a warm sunny day. Sounds scary, doesn’t it? Well, it’s pretty scientific as well, dark hues radiate a lot of heat which will increase the temperature inside your house gradually. So when its summer time, make it a point to stick to pastel shades and light colors, especially for your ceiling. This will give your home a nice refreshing feel to it and help beat the heat.
2. Window placements: How your windows are placed and how well the ventilation happens is a major factor to control your house’s temperature. Usage of blinds and shades will perfectly block the sun and keep your home cool. You have to plan a bit though regarding when which window needs to be opened and when the blinds need to go up and down. Sun blockers are a type of blind which will help to keep scorching sunlight out and keep in house temperature comfortable.
3. Fans: Air conditioners are effective, but definitely not cost effective. Learn your options when it comes to air conditioners. If you want to keep your electricity bill low, installing fans can be the best possible option to beat the heat. You can get a window fan for your home which will suck the warm air from inside your home and circulate cool breeze from outside. Floor fans are a better option when it is warm outside, since window fans can circulate in warm air if it’s scorching outside.
4. Cooking in a smart way: Try to avoid appliances which generate a lot of heat, such as ovens. So, this might not be the best time to bake those cookies.
5. Cooler Light: It’s a good idea to install incandescent bulbs since they keep the temperature much regulated as they don’t generate as much heat as other lighting options. An add-on is that they draw at least 75 percent less energy so you get to save on your electricity bills as well.
When it comes to flooring for your home, there are a wide variety of choices to pick from. Are you in need of flooring ideas for your new home? Well, the post here presents a brief on some of the top flooring options for your home. Are you also worried about financing your new flooring due to its expensive nature? Many people have found the use of home equity loans helpful for all of their renovation endeavors.
You can go for ceramic tiles if you need quality yet inexpensive flooring solution. Ceramic flooring is cheaper in comparison to other flooring options but is extremely durable. Then, ceramic tiles also promise of installation ease. Hardwood flooring is another popular option. Timber flooring reflects the rich taste of the homeowner. It’s durable as well and would be your pride possession for generations. Just make sure to go for an occasional sanding and polishing to retain the luster of your wooden floors.
Then, you have marble flooring. Marble flooring oozes elegance and class and is also preferred for high durability. Moreover, you will be getting marbles in different colors to pick from.
There are many homemakers who desire to build their homes using timber shades. And their choice is truly justified as timber adds a unique rustic appeal and also enhances the landscape. Moreover it is customizable to a large extent as you van paint it for coordination with your home and the surroundings. It is also quite easy to build and set up.
But just getting the timber shed set up is not enough. You also have to take regular care of it to maintain its beauty and increase its longevity. First thing that you should know is that it is quite hard to take care of wood when it is in the first year. The combination of mill glaze, timber planning, shiny finish, resin and wood oils make any kind of treatment impossible to permeate the surface. Therefore for the first year, it is advisable to use products specially formulated for new wood.
Electric conservation is one of the basic steps to assure an eco-friendly environ and would also help you to land up with low energy bills. The post below discusses some tips that would help to prevent electricity waste at home.
The primary most tip is to stay alert while leaving your room- you must be careful to switch off the lights and fans while going out of the room. The same goes with your stereo, computer and TV. A lot of electricity is wasted everyday due to the unnecessary running of the electronic devices while not in need.
Then, always remember to run the dishwasher and washing machine only when these are loaded in full. It’s because a washer will consume the same electricity to wash a single dish/cloth as that required to wash off a fully loaded machine. Try to invest on solar powered devices and lessen dependency on usual electricity generated from fossil fuels.
Hardwood flooring is surely one of the most elegant flooring options. Timber carries a timeless and classy appeal and with its high durability, it makes for a worthy investment for the homeowners. But you need to ensure you have a solid maintenance regiment for your hardwood flooring to guarantee its glam appeal over the years. The article here will give you a brief breakdown on how to maintain your hardwood flooring.
Keep it dust-free
The best tip I can give you is to keep your hardwood floor completely dust and dirt free as dirt particles can leave unsightly scratch marks on the surface. Sweep the floor regularly with a soft broom. It’s best to use vacuum cleaners as they can suck up dust from every inch of the floor.
Don’t use water
Be careful not to use water on hardwood floors as water is very damaging for hardwood. In case there is any spillage, make sure to wipe it up as fast as possible. Use a dry towel here to wipe up any fluid remnants from the floor.
Never go for oil soaps
Don’t go for oil soaps while cleaning a hardwood floor. Oil soaps will build up on your floor and will eventually dull the surface, making it really difficult to refinish.
UV Rays and sunlight
People often say that UV rays from natural sunlight are harmful for hardwood flooring because they can cause discoloration over the years. For me though, I don’t think it causes so much damage where you have to worry about covering up your windows or skylights. In fact natural sunlight opens the room up and makes hardwood flooring glimmer in the sun.
Be careful with furniture
You should be careful while moving your furnishing on hardwood flooring. Make sure to lift them up while moving, rather dragging them across the floor, as you will end up scratching the finish.
Finally, you’ll want to do a professional finishing once in a year to keep in spotless and shiny.
Majority of the homeowners ignore the importance of decorating their balcony and many treat their balcony as a dumping ground for unwanted things. But this should not be the case. As a homeowner it is your duty to make sure that your balcony looks as attractive as the other areas of your home. If you are absolutely confused as to how you can enhance the overall appearance of the balcony then this article will surely help you as it will highlight certain balcony décor ideas for you.
You can decorate the balcony in relation to the seasons. For instance, you can utilize flowers and plants that grow during the summer season or spring season to beautify the balcony. You can even change the decoration of your balcony in accordance with the festivals that you celebrate. In this way, you will be able experiment with new décor accessories and show-off your creativity.
In order to decorate your balcony you can grow a small vegetable garden in it as the garden will look really adorable and colorful in your balcony. You can utilize wicker furniture, coffee table, sofas and other trendy furniture pieces to beautify your balcony in the best possible manner.
Special balcony lighting fixtures are available in the market these days. If possible invest in lighting fixtures that have low voltage and are energy efficient. Instead of lights, you can even utilize scented candles to give your balcony a warm and unique look.
The balcony walls can be painted with attractive colors or you can use eye-catching wallpapers on the balcony walls. Install wooden flooring, rubber flooring, stone flooring and so on in your balcony. You can even utilize rugs or carpets to decorate your balcony.
Wall arts, paintings, photographs etc. can also turn out to be good décor accessories for your balcony.
Are you about to buy a bed soon? Well, your bed is certainly the focal point of your bed chamber and hence optimum care is necessary to ensure a right selection. The most important thing to notice here is the size of your bed. There are 4 major types of beds – twin beds, double beds, queen beds and king beds. Now, all bed sizes would not be compatible with every room space and sleeping needs since your requirement of bed would vary as per the floor space and bedroom layout.
The twin beds are approximately 75” in length and 38-39” in width. These beds are idea if you are sting single in a little room. The twin beds come in different footboard and headboard combinations and are the cheapest of all the bed sizes. However, the twin sized options won’t be viable for the couples.
Double or full sized beds
These beds are 75” in length and 54” in width. The double beds are meant for the couples given its broader width that allows enough space for two people to sleep on comfortable. But it can also be used by singles if you have adequate room space. These beds are available in different furniture styles as well as varied mattress choices. The double beds are the most popular form of beds in the market given their reasonable space and affordable pricing.
Queen beds are longer and wider than the double beds. In terms of measurement, the queen options are 80” in length and 60” in width. Thus, here you are getting a more spacious choice with better sleeping for both the couples. For those who feel “the bigger is the better”, a queen bed would be the perfect fit. The singles too can opt for the queen bed where they minimum 3 persons can share sleeping space comfortably. However, you need to have a big enough room as well to accommodate the queen beds.
Just as the name suggests, the King Beds are the largest sized beds available & the luxurious most of the lot. The King beds are 80 inches in length and 76-78” in width. Being the widest of beds, the King options demand a grand bedroom. However, there are California King beds which are especially meant for the taller people. These are lesser in width (72 inches) than usual King options but shows up in 84 inches of length.
Roof is considered as the most important element which is to be well considered at the time of constructing the home because roof protects the home from rain water, storm, sunlight, heat, etc and what not. Installing a good quality roof is very important factor which should be kept in mind before constructing the roof. Every home has their different foundations and materials that are used, so the roofing style of every house is different. Keeping in mind the factors like the foundation of home, materials used in the home, area where the home is situated, roofing method is determined. There are many different things which should be kept in mind and also taken into consideration at the time of installing a roof in your home. This article will help you to determine those factors that must be measured before selecting a roof for your home.
Selecting a Roof:
- The main thing which is observed before installing a roof to your home by the roofing contractor is the area where it is going to be installed, the surface on the top of the house. This area is measured in squares. The roof is normally designed in two-story and according the surface on which the roof is going to be constructed it is measured by the roofing contractor.
- People want that the roof should be sustainable in nature because installing a roof is not an easy thing, it includes lots of cost for forming it and constructing the roof again and again will cost more expensive to the homeowners. So the cost factor is very important before selecting a perfect roof for your home. The materials to be used, its price, workers working for constructing the roof, type of roof which is going to be installed, all these factors affect the cost of constructing the roof at your home.
- Materials are another important aspect which is taken into consideration before installing a roof at your home. Taking good quality materials will sustainably increase the life of the roof which will be installed. If using less quality materials in use thinking that the cost will be affordable can damage the roof in long run, but if the homeowners select goof quality materials for installing the roof in their home, that can be proven more efficient step for the home. Using best quality material will raise up the life of your roof which is installed by the roofing contractor.
- Every roof which is structured is done by the professional contractors which are masters of constructing the roof. selecting a good roofing contractor will again prove beneficial to the homeowners because they have their expertise in the field of roofing, they know which roofing method will more suitable for your home and which not. If you did not select a good roofing contractor for your homer than poor installation of your r5oof can take place.
- Another important point which should be considered is to select the best method of roofing for your home. Selecting a wrong method of roofing and installing it in your home can create damage and may not be sustainable in nature. Like installing butterfly roofing method in snowy regions will not be helpful and it can create damage to the home.